Sunday 4 September 2011

earphone blares #Freddie Mercury's Doodle in jogger's ears

CHUM: (ear phone playing Freddie Mercury's Doodle "Don't stop me now")

(shouting) I REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO FORCE ME TO GO JOGGING WITH YOU, THESE DAYS, I LOOK FORWARD TO DO IT SO MUCH. YOU'RE MY MOTIVATOR


GRRR:

You preferred to stay home and watch #Gran Torino OR #Texas a m Football..You’re getting better.


CHUM:

WHAT?


GRRR:

YOU’RE GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY. I’M SO PROUD OF YOU. I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON WHO HAD NO INTEREST IN GETTING IN SHAPE BY JOGGING



CHUM:

BACK THEN, I JUST LACKED THE WILL TO DO ANY FORM OF WORKOUT….


GRRR: ….especially jogging..


CHUM:

PARDON?!!


GRRR:

ESPECIALLY JOGGING



CHUM

SORRY. YES. ESPECIALLY JOGGING…I OWE MY TRANSFORMATION TO YOU


GRRR:

THAT’S WHAT CHUMS ARE FOR


CHUM:

INDEED


GRRR:

AND CHUMS HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH EACH OTHER, RIGHT?


CHUM:

RIGHT....



GRRR:

Well, TO BE HONEST, I do not enjoy..



CHUM:

WHAT?


GRRR:

WELL, I DO NOT ENJOY JOGGING ANYMORE


CHUM:

OH NO! JOGGING IS YOUR LIFE. It is to you what children is to Helen Keller..WHY NOT


GRRR:

YOU!



CHUM:

ME?!!! SERIOUSLY? I KEEP UP WITH YOU ALL THE TIME? COME ON BREAK IT TO ME GENTLY



GRRR:

I’LL TELL YOU. I’LL TELL YOU. FIRST OFF, TAKE THIS STUPID EAR PHONE FROM OUT OF YOUR EARS



GRRR YANKS EAR PHONE OUT OF CHUM'S EARS



CHUM:

OUCH!..I cannot jog without music in my ears



GRRR:

That’s the problem! I cannot interact with you because you have this STUPID THING BLARING MUSIC in your ears so I have to be SHOUTING ALL THE TIME, you shouting all the time. This is INSANE. it's not fun ANY MORE!



CHUM:

Sorry, but when I’m jogging, I just wanna hear my music, I don’t like interacting with anyone, including YOU



GRRR:

MY GOD, YOU'RE HONEST! So from now on, I’ll jog alone. You, GO JOG WITH YOUR MUSIC! What’s the point of jogging to get in shape then you get hit by a car because you CAN’T HEAR DANGER WHEN IT’S NEAR TO YOU. Jogging on the side-walk is NOT for you. You belong IN A GYM, where it's safe. In a gym, you don’t have to talk to anyone and you’ll not get hit by a car...



CHUM:

THAT’S NOT FAIR. I enjoy jogging with you



GRRR:

I DON’T ENJOY JOGGIN WITH YOU. JOGGING MEANS A LOT TO ME BUT YOU’RE RUINING IT FOR ME



CHUM: No need to shout. I can hear you better now. Since you have pulled the ear phone from my ears...Could we jog together again, if I use a speaker instead of the ear phone?



GRRR SIGHS HEAVILY, IMPATIENTLY


CHUM: Just asking. Jeez!



GRRR:

I agree that you keep up with me, but there are times when you slow me down..FOR INSTANCE, when you stop to change your playlist or check how much calories you have burnt. UGH!!!



CHUM

You never say. I'm really sorry. You should have told me


GRRR:

Well, I've told you now... You can jog without all that noise in your ears. It's your legs that are doing the work, NOT YOUR EARS. And tell me this; how much calories do you seriously think you can burn few minutes after we started jogging?



CHUM:(roars in laughter)

Remember, I'm new to this. I expect you to show me the way and to tell me when I do the wrong thing



GRRR:

It's fine to jog with your gadgets...



CHUM:

...So why are they problematic to you?



GRRR:

They are holding you back, slowing me down and posing a danger to you. You're not ready for them yet. Give it a little more time. They're not bad for you, you just need a little more discipline when using them


CHUM:

Okay chum...Your'e the expert



GRRR:

We're just a few minutes away from home now



CHUM:

Thank God. My legs feel painful and sore, and I'm starting to get both ear ache and headache. This pain could last for days. UGH!!!



GRRR:

Don't be a drama queen. Just have a beer when you reach home and you'll be fine in no time.


CHUM:

You think so? I thought of the same remedy but was afraid you'd tell me off.



GRRR

Well, what can I say?...see you tommorrow. Same place, same time

No comments:

Post a Comment