Monday 27 May 2013

sMOOTHIE TIME

Nothing like a kick-ass banana smoothie from the sidewalk's Nature base Boutique. It causes cat-like flatulence in certain factions of the stylish sidewalk diaspora but no one gives a heck. Existing customers still crave it and new ones are willing to try it. Besides, Palme d'Or, aka the sidewalk playboy, finds it easy and convenient to make. No need to stress about his statement suit and tie getting dirty or his impeccably edgy look, getting messed up in the process.


[TASSIE chases missing cat on the sidewalk, Nick parks her car on the sidewalk]


Passer-by, CARRIE
(grunts)

Where does she expects pedestrians to walk now?....Anyway, I heard that you are the artisan of the greatest raw foods dinner...What's your special today?


Palme d'Or

I think Nick is only concerned about other motorists hitting her new car. It's quite safe on the sidewalk...We do DESSERTS, not dinner. Today, we have a wicked smoothie. It's a complete meal, so it has a good amount of protein and enough carbohydrates....We NEED protein.



CARRIE

.....sounds wonderful and healthy. Bring me one. Wait. What are the ingredients?


[TASSIE slips and scrapes knees]


Palme d'Or

Ripe mangoes, strawberries, ripe bananas, raw honey, rolled oats, flax seeds, raspberries, peanut butter, blackberries, skim milk, blueberries,.....great for lunch. Great way to start your afternoon. I used apples as well, and some crunchy raw goji berries.


CARRIE

Any dairy?

Palme d'Or

Not today, sorry. Actually, there are no skim milk. That was a mistake....I blended the raw ingredients in raw rasberry sauce, almond milk and raw honey.


CARRIE

You have some pretty good ideas. Almond milk is a great substitute for dairy milk. No wonder it looks so creamy.


JOANNE PEH

SIdewalk playboy, I notice you NEVER mention how much of each ingredient you used in your raw foods concoctions?

Palme d'Or

Crafting raw foods dishes is not an exact science, so I never meausure the ingreidents. I just use amounts that I fancy, amounts that are convenient etc...

Joanne Peh
(laughs)

Sound like a whole lot of EXPERIMENTATIONS to me.


Palme d'Or
That's exactly what they are.


Joanne Peh

That sounds amazing. No better way to share desserts on the sidewalk

[BILL clears throat loudly.]
..............................

Palme d'Or


You'll love it. It tastes great. has no nasty ingredients. It'll fill you with boundless energy. It may make you fart alot though.


ADRIAN

That make me really HUNGRY..I LIKE it. I wish I could like this twice..If goodness makes me fart, so be it.


[LAUGHTER]


BILL

No thank you. I'll NEVER have bird food for lunch. (walking away) The sidewalk barbeque smells delicious. I bet it's cheaper too.


ADRIAN

That make me really ANGRY, Bill.


BILL

Why though? Did the sidewalk playboy hire you as spokesperson for Nature Base Boutique?


JESSIE

(shouts at a pedestrian approaching him)

STOP texting while walking on the busy sidewalk, you LEMMING!

..........................................

words by zokaya kamara]

SEE ALSO

https://www.facebook.com/TheSidewalkDarlings

http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

www.twitter.com/zokayakamara

No comments:

Post a Comment