Thursday 16 May 2013

a kick-ass celery salad

MAY is national salads month, but at the sidewalk's NATURE BASE BOUTIQUE, every week is RAW SALADS o'clock. Raw foods rocks! David, aka, the sidewalk playboy, suited and booted, of course,
is crafting a kick-ass celery salad for the sidewalk's fashion pack. It wont be ready until an hour or so, yet, it's palatable aroma is already pulling in chic passers-by. Their crave is so palpable, it's causing their mouths to water.

Normally, David uses lots of  fresh vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts and herbs in all  his quick and easy raw foods lunches. Today is no exception.

INGREDIENTS(inexpensive and organic)  for today's kick-ass Celery Salad: celery, baby carrots, avocado, green onions, crushed peanuts, fresh parsley, cherry tomatoes, sliced ginger, fresh minced ginger,cabbage, red pepper, and zucchini

DRESSING:
oriental salad sauce and cold pressed walnut oil



                                                      LUNCH TIME

RAFA
Celery is my favourite type of salad

DAVID

Really!

RAFA
I REFUSED to date a girl because she didn't like it....celery salads

.................................................................
BRITNEY
I thought you were a Wardrobe Stylist. You cook also?

DAVID
I AM  a wardrobe stylist, but I'm NOT a cook. I am a RAW MEALS ARTISAN. I craft salads and smoothies, using raw ingredients ONLY..

BRITNEY
I don't care much for cooked ingredients in my salads at all. You are doing a kick ass job with your raw foods venture

DAVID

PASSION, not venture. Thanks. Can't go wrong with raw foods

.............................................................
SUN HO

David, does Nature Base Boutique, deliver to customers who work on the sidewalk?

DAVID

I'm afraid not. Maybe in the future.



CHAN

DAMN IT!
...............................................................

DIESEL

May I have 300 grams of mixed nuts, 150 grams of dried fruits and 7 bottles of water please


Muhlach

SEVEN bottes of water?


DIESEL

I drink LOTS of water. It's almost the first thing I do before I go walk the sidewalk.


DAVID

Congrats. You can't go wrong with LOTS of water.

................................................................................

SELENA

People who eat a whole lot of vegetabes and fruits, can't build muscles. You need protein in your diet


DAVID

WHAT! For your information, a WHOLE lot of proteins can be found in beans, vegetables, nuts, seeds..Why are you so vegetable and fruit averse? Bear in mind, in comparison, you are unlikely to find toxins in raw fruits and vegetables...A nature based lifestyle is the way FORWARD


UPTON

Never mind the detractors, sidewalk playboy. If you are being attacked it simply means that you are doing the right thing. You are succeeding, not them...I have eat raw foods regularly and have no plans on stopping.


SHARUKH

No wonder your sidewalk pictures are so encouraging to look at. Not to mention your energy levels - they are INSANE


UPTON

Thanks. I can't ever see mysef living any other way. This nature-based lifestyle ROCKS!

....................................................

LE Spice Boy

I LOVE raw foods. Thanks for making this sweet raw salad. I'llbe back. I woudn't want to miss out on your daily raw treats


DAVID

Sorrry, you will have to miss out on the days when I attend both fashion and fashionable events. These events are VERY important to my sidewalk life also. Later, I'll be at the Royal Air Force museum's 70th anniversary of the Dambusters raid, dressed up in wartime outfit, of course. Just checking out bombs. other war artefacts, and, last but not the pilots' bad-ass uniforms.......


Edyta
(teases)

.......I can see why they call you the 'sidewalk payboy'....AND...you are such a show-off.
............................................................................

[words by zokaya kamara]

SEE ALSO

https://www.facebook.com/TheSidewalkDarlings

http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

www.twitter.com/zokayakamara

No comments:

Post a Comment