Saturday 13 October 2012

reminiscent of 1990's ice cream van

ICE CREAM van's jingle chimed piercingly, as it parked up alongside the sidewalk. Frenzied kids race one another from their doorsteps. They all want to be served some treats FIRST. Justin and his chums on the bench, are precipitously engulfed with nostalgia. They savor the ambrosial aspects of  the 1990's.


                 JUSTIN
I just love the jingle. Go and get me some spearmints, please


                STEFANI
The 90's are back. GO AND GET IT YOURSELF! while you are at it, get me the ice cream with the bubble gum in the bottom of the cone


                 KATE
Sorry, I'm not moving a muscle today. Not even for ice cream. Besides, nowadays, it's cheaper to get ice cream at ASDA


                 JUSTIN
True, but you wont find Popeye there

.............................................................................

              ICE CREAM WOMAN
(smokes)

No drugs, cigarettes or retired TV presenter on this van, only delightful ice-cream. So come on kids. What would you like?


I was first. I should be served first


Go ahead then


Thanks, but I have to wait. My dad is still searching for his wallet.

....................................................................................

Hey Charlie, you missed the ice cream van yesterday. Didn't you hear the jingle

I did. I missed it because I believed my parents when they say the van driver was a kids' kidnapper. I discovered they just didn't have any money to buy me ice cream. UGH! They can afford bubble gum today. YEAH!

Great..There was an accident.

Really!

Yea. The ice cream van mistakenly ran over a child's hand

.......................................................................
              JUSTIN  
                                                                                                                                                                                           
LOOK on those kids, still sitting on their doorsteps.


                  KATE
(quips)
Apparently, they have no one to buy them ice cream. Their parents should drive ice cream vans, then they would get free ice cream


                 STEFANI
That suck!.....My parents used to tell me that the ice cream man's jingle meant that he sold off all the icecream...That suck! Hmmm. I feel for some cider lolly or chocolate sauce and nuts

.................................................................................

£5 worth of ice cream, please.            


ICE CREAM WOMAN
Sure. Hold the bowl properly before you spill the ice cream raspberry sauce and flakes


Thank you. May I have that broken cornet please?


.........................................................................................................
                  JUSTIN
Lord Alan sugar is the owner of the icecream van, I suppose


                  KATE
I wouldn't be surprised.. He can be as cold as ice
...................................................................
                   

           JUSTIN
 
Have you noticed it's mostly 14 year olds in the queue?


         STEFANI

Yes...I hope the driver was properly vetted

.....................................................

please LIKE Sidewalk Darling

http://www.facebook.com/allthatrage

please follow Sidewalk |Darling
www.twitter.com/zokayakamaraLtd

SIDEWALK LOOKS http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment