Tuesday 23 October 2012

JUSTIN'S good deed on the sidewalk

THE SIDEWALK is atypically deserted. KRISTEN and Kate are expressly bored. Abruptly, they prop up on the bench when JUSTIN commences a delightful tale. Apparently, had it not been for his herculean effort, pedestrians would have crush a defenseless worm on the sidewalk. Kristen and Kate drifted back to yawning and stretching.


KATE
(with sincerety)

Hurrah to the worm rescuer! 


JUSTIN
(thumps chest, whistles superman theme)

That's me! You should have seen the worm. So cute.


LAUGHTER


KATE

Hilarious. Stop being a show-off

JUSTIN

I love to rescue worms. I don't care if you think it's MAD. I'll rescue cock roaches if I have to...

KRISTEN

I have no interest in saving worms on the sidewalk or any other insects. I just crush them beneath my feet.


KATE

That's pure evil


KRISTEN

Not evil at all. It's hilarious! 


JUSTIN

Saving lives is important to me


KRISTEN

It's important to me also, provided the lives are not worms'


KATE

You animal!!!!


JUSTIN

 Let him be, Kate. I'm sure most pedestrians look out for worms and other insects each day on the sidewalk. Kristen is the only ANIMAL. I RESENT pedestrians who deliberately hurt the insects. purpose.

KATE

I'm so glad there are people like us around, Justin

KRISTEN

like us? So how many worms did you save today


KATE

None, but..

JUSTIN
(erupted into laughter)

I thought so


KATE

Not crushing worms is the same as saving them


JUSTIN

True


KRISTEN

That's not true. It's CONKERS!


JUSTIN

That is so cruel. 


KATE

There would be more worms on the sidewalk, if there fewer pedestrians like yourself...


JUSTIN

I hope you do not step on the snails when it rains.


KRISTEN

That's strange. You save them? that's great. I don't!


KATE

I salute pedestrians who rescue worms. I'll do the same. At the end of the day, the worms, like us, deserve to live. we're all here for a purpose! 


JUSTIN
 All creatures great and small are beautiful and deserve to live.

KATE

I have a confession....

JUSTIN

Please, don't reveal it on the sidewalk
 
KATE

It's nothing personal, so relax, please....
 
JUSTIN

Okay then. Go ahead
 
KATE
I used to transport snails from garden to your overgrown vegetable garden so they could get rid of the bush.

KRISTEN

You Animal. You...You... WORM!
 
KATE

I even  fed them in your garden also
........................................

please LIKE Sidewalk Darling

http://www.facebook.com/allthatrage

please follow Sidewalk |Darling
www.twitter.com/zokayakamaraLtd

SIDEWALK LOOKS http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment