Friday 23 March 2012

Claudia helps Christine construct amorous texts

Cushioning their heads on make-shift pillows, smitten Christine and her bess friend Claudia, recline on individual sidewalk benches. Amused pedestrians point at them and grin. Totally oblivious, Claudia focuses on helping Christine construct amorous texts.


Claudia:

Just say to him 'do you remember when you ask me how I like you....how much I like you?



Christine:

That doesn't sound too clear to me.



Claudia:

It is clear, just click SEND now.



Christine:

Okay. I did.



Claudia:

Are you sure you send it. Let me see for myself(she grabs Christine's blackberry and checks SENT MESSAGES) Okay. Just wait for his response.



CHRISTINE:(giggles)

I think he will say "what the hell are you talking about?"



FEW MINUTES PASSES, NO RESPONSE


They watch a pedestrian spill his drink on the sidewalk. He takes out handkerchief and wipe down the sidewalk.



Christine:

UGH! What if he never replies?....



SOUND OF INCOMING TEXT PIERCE THE AIR. THEY CACKLE UNCONTROLLABLY.



CLAUDIA:

What's his reply?


CHRISTINE:

"what?"


CLAUDIA:


"What?" He must understand what you are trying to say. You're speaking clear English. You're not speaking Chinese for Christ sake!



Christine:

I know! What should I say to him in reply?



CLAUDIA:

Just say " I enjoy being in your company...



Christine:

...That doesn't sound right.



CLAUDIA:

It IS right, shut up....."I enjoy being in your company and I just wanna be in it more.



THEY GIGGLE LOUDLY



CHRISTINE:

How about "I enjoy being being in your presence and I could get use to it."



LAUGHTER



CLAUDIA:


How about "I LIKE being around you."



LAUGHTER


CHRISTINE:

OH MY GOSH! We are behaving like we are preparing an essay for an examination.



CLAUDIA:

I know. SEND it now. Don't waste no more time.



CHRISTINE:

WAIT! Should I also add "my feelings are genuine."



CLAUDIA:

No!, You idiot. Wait for his response first.



CHRISTINE:

You're right. I'll send the text now.



Christine:

Okay...



Christine:


Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have never been lucky with boys like him.



CLAUDIA:

You just need to know how he feels about you...What if he don't text you back?



CHRISTINE:

There you go with your negativity..... I like him a lot. I'd love it if he takes me to the cinema. I'd really love that.



CLAUDIA: (eyes on Christine's blackberry)

Almost 15 minutes now, what's taking him so long to reply



CHRISTINE:

I guess he just don't wanna know. He's not interested....



CLAUDIA WALKS OVER TO CHRISTINE'S BENCH AND HUG HER



CHRISTINE:

Come to think of it, what was he supposed to say to that?



CLAUDIA:

Don't be silly. He's supposed to acknowledge your feelings.



CHRISTINE:

I enjoy drinking with him. I DON'T enjoy drinking with my boyfriend.



CLAUDIA:


WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment