Wednesday 7 March 2012

Cheap laptops on sale

The sidewalk sale is on. All the vendors, except Emily, are doing good business. She looks thwarted. Her business partner Peter arrives. His presence makes her field even worse. Emily's dog Lenny, re-assures her by planting itself between the two.


Hogan:

Cheap laptops on sale today! Cheap laptops.....



ARGUMENT ENSUES BETWEEN EMILY AND PETER



Emily:

I don't see the point in carrying on this partnership. You spend most time with your friends while I stay here and do all the work. When I call you, you say you don't like speaking on the phone and cut the call short. But when You're here, you have endless telephone calls...


St. Clement: (shouts)

New car deals, All inclusive holidays....



Peter:

You just don't understand me. I told you I'm having problems with some business deals, so I just want to be myself..



LENNY:(barks)

Listen pal, I'm not taking sides, and I hate to interrupt, but even though you buy my food each week, I have to say that you are treating Emily like the enemy. Why are you being so hostile to her. You are in a partnership so you can't just shut her out like that. She's your friend pal, NOT THE ENEMY



TEARS STREAMS DOWN EMILY'S FACE



Peter:

She just want to talk about nonsense...In the past we both make mistakes in the partnership, but the parftnership is still going strong



Emily:

So when I ask you what about the problems with the business deals, that is NONSENSE. And what partnership are you talking about? We haven't had a meeting in two months. TWO MONTHS. You are always too busy



LENNY:

Partnership going strong eh! Sounds like the partnership is dying pal. DEAD. (points at Peter) And it's your fault. You need to STOP thinking that you are alone in business, and START thinking about the partnership and your partner...



Emily:

So selfish



Lenny:

I agree with her pal. Stop buying me food if you want. If you care about your partner and the partnership, you should assess your attitude to both, and see where you can improve. LOTS OF ROOM for improvement.



Peter: (to Emily)

What am I doing wrong? What do you want me to do



EMILY SHAKES HER HEAD IN FRUSTRATION, WALKS AWAY



Peter:

Don't leave..talk to me..PLEASE!



LENNY:

I'm leaving as well. YOU ARE NOT ACTING RIGHT PAL. You are the type of person whose gonna learn your lesson when it is too late. Look at yourself, Look at your situation,if you are reasonable, you will agree that your attitude STINKS.


PETER:


bUT, BUT...


LENNY:

BUT NOTHING...You act as if EVERYTHING is going well for you but she is just a little annoyance when the truth is NOTHING is going well for you, EXCEPT HER AND THE PARTNERSHIP. The truth is YOU NEED HER MORE THAN SHE NEEDS YOU....


PETER:

Excuse me...


LENNY:

If it was not for her, this business would be performing as badly as it doing today. She sets up the stall by herself everyday, does most of the work. I have nothing else to say...(storms off) Don't forget its her family who pay the rent for the stall. I'M OFF! (chases Emily)


St. Clement:

....Sales. Clearing debt...




SIDEWALK THEATRE and SIDEWALK LOOKS http://www.facebook.com/allthaTRAGE

SIDEWALK LOOKS http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment