Thursday 21 July 2011

pedestrians stare at one another

Raging Bull and Chum stares at an approaching pedestrian



CHUM
Bull, it's rude to stare at strangers on the sidewalk. I thought we were rude at the NFL. THE PEOPLE HERE IN CHINATOWN ARE REALLY RUDE



RAGING BULL
He is staring at me so what should I do? Stare away? I leave that to motorists. Don’t you ever buy me a car for my birthday, Chum. I still DETEST driving....I am a pedestrian. I NEVER STARE AWAY. I out-stare other pedestrians....



CHUM

...I am talking about him, NOT YOU. He has no right to stare at you. I really dislike when pedestrians fudgeing STARE at me. If I wasn’t in my new jogging suit, I'd poke him in his eyes.



RAGE
Me too. It seems as if he is trying to remember my face. Just watch me beat him at his own game. I don't care if he just upset about the NFL Lockout


CHUM

I don't blame you, but please don't beat him. We might get in trouble with the police...On the other hand, if someone is trying to remmeber my face, I'm gonna try remember theirs



RAGE

Exactly



Pedestrian, Rage and Chum are just yards apart now.



PEDESTRIAN(shouts)

Why are you staring at me? Have you never seen a pedestrian on the sidewalk before?



CHUM

Why don't you look where you're going. You are the one staring at us



RAGE
What the fudge! This is a sidewalk, not a CATWALK, so I stare as much as I like. We did try to be nice and civil by looking away briefly....



CHUM

...But when we look up, you were still staring at us. What the fudge is your problem?



PEDESTRIAN( sticking out his tongue to Rage)
Why? Why What do YOU get out of staring at strangers going about their business? I do not know you so please take your eyeballs off me. You did not look away. You liars!



RAGE
Use your brains, you idiot.



PEDESTRIAN( sticks two fingers in his ears and sings)

LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU



CHUM

Bull, let’s go. The cops will be here soon



PEDESTRIAN

Bull? What sort of a shxxt name is that? You have no brains! You should learn to mind your business when you use public sidewalks. This is a public sidewalk so stop going around bullying others. You don't own it! You CREEP!


CHUM

Bull, are you gonna stand there and let him talk too you like that?



RAGE

He is talking to you like that, NOT ME



CHUM

Stop instigating....



PEDESTRIAN (laughs)

....and get your lame axx of the sidewalk



RAGE

YOU! Cannot speak to me like that



PEDESTRIAN quickly turns his eyes away from Rage as they were about to pass each other.




RAGE

coward!



CHUM (bursts into laughter)
Next time you see us walking towards you, look the other way, look on the ground, anywhere except at us



PEDESTRIANS (fake yawns)

Freaks! Your’e boring me to death


RAGE
I am sorry he is boring you to death. How about I GORE YOUR LAME AXX TO DEATH



PEDESTRIAN
I said LAME AXX first. You are copying me!



BIZZARE SOUND PIERCE THE AIR




CHUM

What's that awful noise?



RAGING BULL

What's that AWFUL smell?



PEDESTRIAN

I think that rabbit just farted



RAGE

Don't lie



PEDESTRIAN

look!



CHUM


How? I mean WHERE, where



PEDESTRIAN

In the middle of the sidewalk



RAGING BULL (cackles)

OH NO!It's defecating on the spot where I hawked and spat



CHUM AND PEDESTRIAN

That's disgusting!



RAGING BULL blushes. Chum and Pedestrians guffaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment