Tuesday 14 February 2012

valentine's day on the sidewalk

Passers-by are enraptured by the large heart that the children are drawing on the sidewalk. They stop and peer in stupefaction. Not ill-humoured Upton. He sees a handwritten valentines day card on the ground. Instead of picking it up for its rightful owner, he steps on it then kicks it off the sidewalk into the road.


Matt:

You're just jealous!



Upton hissess teeth.




CAR DRIVER, MATT: (shouts at horse rider Parton)

Get out of my way! Otherwise, I'll have to run you over. No one could blame me. It would be your fault. RIDE YOUR BIKE ON THE SIDEWALK!



Parton:

Or what?




Upton OVERTAKES him.



KATE:

I Know its valentines day, but that is no excuse to look up and down my body like that. Shame on you!



SHAKIRA:

Shame on you for stealing Whitney Houston's memorial flowers off the sidewalk. I SAW YOU!




Upton OVERTAKES them.




Knicks sits on the sidewalk bench, having a telephone conversation. Upton races with another pedestrian for the only space that remain on the bench.



Upton SITS, THEN STARTS TO READ A NEWSPAPER. PEDESTRIAN SWEARS AT HIM.





Knicks: (on phone)

It's valentine's day, if you go out with your friends, you WILL find a pretty man.



Upton BURYS HEAD IN NEWSPAPER AND PRETENDS TO BE READING.



Knicks:

I'm already romantically involved...



Knicks:

You're a pretty girl, I can't deny that but I cannot enter a relationship with you




Knicks:

You know long distance relationships don't work though. Don't you?




Knicks:

You're a pretty girl and you have a good heart....




The telephone conversations ends about 5 minutes later.



AMANDA:

I think it's disrespectful that, I'm sitting here with you, yet you are telling a woman on the phone that she is beautifull. I would never talk to anothe man like that, especially when we are together.





Knicks:

She called me because she needed someone to talk to, so what could I do. I could not be horrible to her.



Amanda:

You could have told her to call back later or something




Knicks:

I just did'nt want to hurt her feelings




Amanda:(sobs)

Oh! So you prefer to hurt MY feelings




Knicks:

The fact that other women want me doesn't mean I'm a prostitute.



Amanda:


How could you embarrass me on the sidewalk like this? I wanna go home.



.....................................................................
SIDEWALK THEATRE and SIDEWALK LOOKS http://www.facebook.com/allthaTRAGE

SIDEWALK LOOKS http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment