Thursday 12 January 2012

Marley EAVESDROPS ON MOTORIST CHAT ON New Year's resolution

MARTINEZ: (sighs frustratingly, changes gear)

I don't blame you if you excoriate me but I have to let you know, I'm one step behind in my New Year's resolution.

CHER:

...a very slow progress indeed. But I have no vitriotic remark to make because you're not the only one avoiding gyms NOW. They're so packed with new year's resolution fanatics. I'm sure they'll be empty in a few weeks. But I can't wait so long, so I've been going for brisks walks early mornings. You could join me.



MARTINEZ:

I HATE getting out of bed in the mornings. Even my dog refuses to walk me to the door that UNGODLY time of the day. UGH!


CHER: (giggles from the backseat)

Oh! You could walk in the evenings then



MARTINEZ: (lights up a cigarette)

TOO DARK; scares the living daylights out of me



CHER:

Well, you just have to do it during your hour-long lunch periods



MARTINEZ:

I tried that the other day. Too much temptations on my way back; Macdonalds, KFC, kebabs and other fast food shops. UGH!



CHER:

I can't help you then, sorry...Oh! I know. You could buy Zumba for the Wii, then do the sessions at home with your kids



MARTINEZ:

I hear the sessions are quite intense and I lack coordination...So I'm terrified my kids will record me then post it on youtube.



CHER:

You wont be embarrassed. I promise....Just do it when they're out. You don't have to get the movements right. As long as you're moving, nothing else matters. Plus, it's great fun. I started last week. my goal is to look better than the damn AVATAR instructors. I'm tired of looking like a catfish.




MARTINEZ:

I don't know if it will work for me. But well done on your effort and good luck with your goal.



CHER:

Thanks, but you can do it also.



MARTINEZ: (looks for parking space)

Okay. I'll do it. Then I'll show my kids how it's done...By the way, you don't look like a rotund catfish. I can see your hard work and determination is paying off.



CHER:(gets out of car)

GREAT! You're points ahead of them already.



MARTINEZ: (locks car door with keys)

May I borrow your WII Zumba Fitness DVD, for a month...I'd like to try it before I buy it



..........................................................
SIDEWALK THEATRE and SIDEWALK LOOKS http://www.facebook.com/allthaTRAGE

SIDEWALK LOOKS http://sidewalknarratives.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment